Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Originally, this was titled, "Just cause I eat meat, that doesn't mean I can't rock your veggie loving world"

Thought I would share this with you veggies and veggie friendlies...I made this a few months ago on a wonderful Sunday (or Thursday?) morning and I was so deliciously full :) If you try it, tell me what you think (or come over and I will make you one ha!)

May try a vegan variation or one that is wheat-free (for Frances!)

Veggie Sausage Breakfast Naan

½ piece of Naan flatbread (if you have a hearty appetite, just double all this stuff)
1 Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty
1 egg
1 wedge of Laughing Cow low-cal cheese
1 oz. of that 75% fat free Cabot cheddar cheese, shredded
½ tomato, cubed
salt and pepper
a bit of Mrs. Dash
cooking spray
sriracha sauce (hot cock sauce)

1. Pre-heat your oven to 425. I used a toaster over, so I am approximating here…

2. In a small frying pan, heat the veggie patty until it is mostly warmed. Then, cut the veggie pattie up into small chunks.

3. Beat the egg and add the sausage and tomatoes. Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste. Scramble that deliciousness in the same frying pan in which you cooked the sausage.

4. While that scrambles its heart out, take the wedge of Laughing Cow and spread it on the Naan.

5. Once the scramble is mostly done (don’t cook until dry), that is until the liquid parts of the egg have cooked, spread the mixture atop the Naan.

6. Add hot cock sauce to taste...that stuff is potent, so be careful!

7. Then, take the 1 oz of cheese and spread it over the top.

8. Bake for 15 minutes and you have deliciousness incarnate.

No comments: